You need small business ideas in Nigeria to start a side hustle or build company of your own? You are tired of job hunting and you want to start your own business?
These are small business ideas you can start in Nigeria that can you at least N250, 000 per month, as you prepare for 2019.
Small Business Ideas in Nigeria: Poultry Farming.
Poultry farming is the process of raising domesticated birds such as chickens, ducks, turkeys and geese for the purpose of proving meat or eggs. Chicken farming is the most popular type of poultry business here but there are other birds like nolar that is highly profitable but less known.
For a successful poultry farming business in Nigeria, here are the ground rules:
- Choose your poultry sector and stick to it because the industry is quite wide.
- Choose your type(s) of bird, as different types are allowed but be focused.
- Do feasibility and environmental study before choosing your farm location.
- Get financial help or adopt cluster farming approach.
- Tell people online and offline about your farm.
- Seek professional advice on how best to care for the birds.
Small Business Ideas in Nigeria: Livestock Feed Production.
Livestock feed production is the manufacturing of animal feed like poultry or chicken feed, cattle feed, goat feed, dog food, bird food, and several other types, with raw agricultural ingredients like corn, wheat, sorghum, forage, vitamins, additives and mineral.
Fodder produced is formulated to meet specific animal nutrition requirements for different species of animals at different life stages.
To Start a Successful Livestock Feed Production Business:
- Choose livestock category, learn its nutritional requirements and develop feed formula.
- Your feed formula determined ingredients, work out consistent supply of ingredients.
- Get necessary equipment for smooth production of your chosen feed formula.
- Give your products the best packaging you can get for market distinction.
- Have an effective marketing plan to deliver your feeds to customers.
Small Business Ideas in Nigeria: Mobile Fresh Juice Bar.
Busy always-on-the-go Nigerians who want to increase fruit and vegetable count in their nutrition create a huge market for nutrient-packed juices and smoothies.
This is one smart, less capital intensive small business idea to consider as you plan for 2019.
Starting a mobile juice bar could prove to be extremely lucrative, due to its low overhead and start-up fees.
These are what you will need to start mobile fresh juice business:
- Blenders and Freezer.
- Generator or inverter.
- Nice looking Van or cart.
- Branded bottles or container.
- Fruits and/or smoothie ingredients.
Don’t know where to locate you mobile juice bar for high visibility or quick access?
These are location ideas for mobile juice bar business:
- Malls, Offices, Hospitals or Hotels.
- Colleges, Athletic Clubs, or Airports.
- Community Centers, Grocery Stores or Beaches.
- Department Stores, Tourist Attractions or Shopping Centers
VERY IMPORTANT: create a epic brand name for your mobile juice bar!
Brand name could be funny, trendy or related to slang that can be easily remembered. This is how to stay top of the mind of your customers and help yourself into their conversation.
Small Business Ideas in Nigeria: Online Tutoring.
Online tutoring is a profitable business, it makes learning personalized, affordable and easily accessible.
Learning and general dissemination of knowledge no longer has to be within four walls of a classroom, thanks to global penetration of the Internet.
Having worked as a professional for a number of years, you should be prepared to explore online tutoring as a small business or side gig in 2019.
Maybe you have special skill or talent that you have developed expertise in, you could develop a
viable business model from it based on online tutoring.
These are steps to start online tutoring business:
- Register as an online tutor with a popular online tutoring company.
- Get verified as an authority on your preferred subject.
- Learn to use online teaching or course creation tools.
- Create course materials and start tutoring.
AVAILABILITY is key to your success as an online tutor. Ensure you are easily accessible by your students and create feedback channels for better communication.
Small Business Idea in Nigeria: Crèche.
Apart from being profitable, Crèche business brings job satisfactions if you are great with kids.
Crèche provides facilities and good environment where care is given to babies, toddlers and young children.
Steady increase in the number of working class Nigerian mothers will continue to create market for Crèche business.
These are steps to take if you want to start Crèche Business in Nigeria:
- Seek legal advice and get all necessary approval from authorities.
- Educate yourself on best practices and never stop learning.
- Get easily accessible though well-secured location.
- Hire staff with right attitude and passion for kids.
- Organize activities and routines that constantly engage kids.
- Develop curriculum that develops kids mentally, emotional and physically.
Crèche business is a sensitive or socially conscious adventure with its unique challenges and responsibilities. Therefore, it requires a lot of ATTENTION to details!